PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI)– The Providence Fire Department is examining after a house ignited early Saturday early morning, triggering a surrounding home to likewise ignite.
According to Deputy Assistant Fire Chief Steve Capracotta, they initially got a call around 6:30 a.m. for a fire at the 500 block of Charles Street.
When they got here, they discovered the very first home totally swallowed up in flames, with the fire infecting the nearby house.
Capracotta stated there was nobody inside the very first structure, however 2 households, 6 grownups and 7 kids, were all displaced. The Red Cross is helping them.
The roofing collapsed on the very first structure, making it an overall loss. Part of the roofing of the occupied house collapsed and Capracotta thinks the 2nd flooring of that structure is likewise an overall loss.
Nobody was hurt and the cause is still under examination.